Quincy Floorstanding Loudspeaker
This the middle offering, named fondly after Quincy Street, the birthplace of the Model Nine electrostatic loudspeaker, and is anything but middle-of-the-road when it comes to performance. The Quincy is a 3-way bass-reflex design, featuring woven Kevlar drivers with powder-coated die-cast aluminum baskets, braided tinsel leads, custom designed crossovers, an anodized aluminum tweeter with linear response faceplate, and much more, and all in real wood veneers. The Quincy is a rare combination of beauty and brawn, with unparalleled sonic detail at an unexpected price.
- 3-Way bass reflex system with 1 x 6.5” Woven Kevlar® bass driver, 1 x 5.25” Woven Kevlar® mid/bass driver, and a high performance 1” Anodized Aluminum tweeter with a linear response faceplate.
- Butyl rubber surrounds and braided tinsel leads on all drivers.
- REAL WOOD VENEERS – Black Oak and American Walnut.
- MDF construction featuring custom designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis.
- Powder coated die-cast aluminum driver baskets, featuring oversized magnets for superior control and output.
- Brushed aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia.
- Dual 5-Way Binding Posts
- Custom multi-element crossovers with high grade components to ensure smooth and natural transition between drivers.
- Black satin MDF base for additional stability as needed.
- Chrome plated steel spikes OR rubber feet for proper decoupling.
- Magnetic Grilles featuring a custom honeycomb design with NO visible fasteners for durability and a flawless appearance.
- Frequency response: 27Hz-23KHz+/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: 95dB
- Power handling: 225 watts
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Crossover points: 600Hz and 2.6KHz
- Dimensions: 37.5” x 7.75” x 14.75” (H x W x D)
- Weight: 40 lbs.
Review of Quincy Floorstanding Speakers by World Wide Stereo
American Walnut, Black Oak